How a Physical Therapy Consultation Could Benefit You
Do you get shin pain when you run? Has your back been aching for some time now? Often we get these aches and pains, and we’re not sure where they came from or what caused them. We put off going to the doctor, thinking they’ll just go away. But what if there was a way to learn more about your issue, the cause, and the best way to fix it, free of charge?
When you schedule a complimentary consultation* with a physical therapist, you’ll have the opportunity to explain your issue or pain. We can help determine whether physical therapy is the right option for you or if your symptoms are more severe and warrant the need to seek further treatment from a physician. You can leave your consultation with a better idea of what you’re facing and possible steps to resolve the issue.
“Consultations are a great resource because they allow clients to seek information or advice from experts. You get a taste of our clinical knowledge and skills, as well as an understanding of how we can work together to relieve your pain,” says Corey Kuipers, PT, DPT, CMP, CIDN, Clinic Director at Ivy Rehab Physical Therapy, Coopersville, MI.
Benefits of a physical therapy consultation
- No obligation – this is a casual, no-cost conversation where we talk about what’s bothering you and determine the next best steps.
- Fast and easy – we’re located close to home, and the appointment only lasts about a half-hour. We’ll save you the time and cost of having to visit an alternative healthcare provider first.
- Low commitment – many issues can be fixed, leaving you pain-free in just a few sessions. You don’t always have to come multiple times per week; sometimes, one or two visits are all it takes.
- Insight – if we do recommend that you seek additional treatment from a doctor, you can go into the appointment with some background information on the potential cause of your pain.
- Quick access to care – If we believe you’d benefit from physical therapy, we’ll let you know how to get started and what services may be covered through insurance.
You’ve got nothing to lose except for your pain
If you have nagging pain or questions about something that’s going on in your body, don’t hesitate to request your free consultation right away. Contact your local Ivy Rehab Network location to schedule a complimentary consultation to determine if physical therapy is right for you.
*Beneficiaries of federal health care programs are not eligible to participate in complimentary consultations.
The medical information contained herein is provided as an information resource only, and does not substitute professional medical advice or consultation with healthcare professionals. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-provider relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Please consult with your healthcare provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. IvyRehab Network, Inc. disclaims any and all responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained herein.