HomeSTEP: Therapy at Home with the Ivy Rehab Network
The Ivy Rehab Network is now offering home-based care! HomeSTEP is their innovative, home-based care program that allows our therapists to be there for your rehabilitation needs, both “where you need it” and “when you need it.” We know that during the current COVID-19 pandemic, patients may require being seen in their homes rather than in an Ivy Rehab Network clinic. For those patients, we are excited to announce that we will be available to continue your care from the comfort and safety of your home!
What’s included in a home visit?
- One-on-one care with your regular therapist
- A personalized review of your current treatment plan
- Updates to your treatment plan, based upon your current status and needs
- Direct guidance through all aspects of your treatment program, including:
- exercises and activities to improve strength and motion
- self-care and home-programming
- balance and mobility training
- ongoing assessment of your needs
What precautions are being taken?
Our top priority is always to provide a safe and healthy environment for our patients. To protect our patients and teammates, prior to any home visits, our therapists follow these steps:
- Therapists are screened daily prior to any contact with patients
- All patients are screened for exposure and/or symptoms prior to each treatment session
- All of our therapists are following strict safety guidelines and taking COVID-19 precautions during treatments including:
- We will not bring any outside equipment into a patient’s home unless absolutely necessary for treatment
- All therapists will use EPA and CDC approved hand-sanitizer prior to entering a patient’s home
What about my insurance coverage?
- Our friendly teammates will review all details of your coverage with you personally and answer any and all of your questions
- We have found that most insurers cover therapy sessions in your home in the same manner that they do sessions in the clinic
- During the current crisis, many insurers are updating their plans frequently. We are constantly reviewing the scope of coverage for all of our payers and will guide you through your care options based upon real-time updates.
How do I schedule a Home Session?
Just reach out to your local Ivy Rehab Network clinic or request an appointment online and ask for a HomeSTEP visit. We will walk you through the scheduling process and get you scheduled with one of our caring therapists!
Article Reviewed by Holly Lookabaugh-Deur, PT, DSc, GCS, CEEAA
Holly Lookabaugh-Deur, PT, DSc, GCS, CEEAA is a practicing physical therapist and a partner and Director of Clinical Services at Ivy Rehab Network. Deur is board certified as a geriatric clinical specialist and certified exercise expert for aging adults with more than 35 years of clinical experience. She is certified as an aquatic and oncology rehabilitation specialist and serves as adjunct faculty at Central Michigan University and Grand Valley State University.
The medical information contained herein is provided as an information resource only, and does not substitute professional medical advice or consultation with healthcare professionals. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-provider relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Please consult with your healthcare provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. IvyRehab Network, Inc. disclaims any and all responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained herein.