Sharing Our Gratitude on Veterans Day
This coming Sunday, November 11th is Veterans Day. It will be observed around the country on Monday the 12th. (Reminder: your bank and most government offices will be closed!) It is a day we celebrate and honor the men and women who dedicated their lives to serving our country. These upstanding individuals sacrifice so much. This Veterans Day, we would like to extend our sincere thanks to veterans who have served so selflessly and courageously.
We would also like to take a moment to recognize one of our very own here at Ivy Rehab Network. PT aide, David Weiler, is a Senior Airman in the United States Air Force. He is an Aerospace Medical Technician and his main responsibility is to be a first responder to civilians and military members. He also works to prepare units for deployment with physicals, blood work, and immunizations. Thank you for your service, David!
5 Ways you can Show Gratitude on Veterans Day
No matter where you live or how much time you have to dedicate, there are so many ways you can honor and recognize a veteran, too.
1. Say “thank you!” If you personally know a veteran, whether they live close by or states away, make an effort to simply say “thank you for your service!”
2. Treat a vet to lunch or a cup of coffee. Inviting a veteran to a popular local restaurant or coffeehouse could make their day.
3. Donate to a cause that supports veterans. Even a small donation is money well spent when you’re supporting our country’s servicemen and women. Consider making a donation to a group like the USO.
4. Support veteran-owned companies. There are millions of veteran-owned businesses in the United States Find a veteran-owned company near you and pay them a visit.
5. Attend your local Veterans Day parade. Bring the whole family to your city’s Veterans Day parade and show your support in person!
Ivy Rehab Network clinics are proud to provide therapy services to many veterans in our local communities and we thank them! Happy Veterans Day!