Q: How do physicians refer their patients to SPTKids?
- For referrals, you may contact the most convenient office for your patient.
- Please provide signed orders for an evaluation for treatment.
- Our staff will verify and pre-authorize insurance benefits.
- Patient’s caregiver/parent will be reached by phone to schedule an appointment.
- Our Patient Coordinator will schedule an initial evaluation with the family.
- Based on the results of that evaluation, the evaluating therapist will recommend the frequency of services in a Plan of Care to be approved by the PCP.
- The therapist and office staff will assist the family with scheduling appointments.
Q: How do we prepare for our first visit?
- On your child’s first appointment, please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- To minimize the time needed to prepare for the evaluation, please bring the completed paperwork (found in the section below).
- If you are not sure which form to fill out, please call our clinic.
- Your first visit will include the parent and child and will last approximately 1 hour.
- You can expect to go over the child’s medical history and the therapist will perform a few tests to determine a plan to suit your child.
- In the following visits, parents are welcome to attend each session, or as the child becomes more comfortable with their therapist, may attend alone.
Q: Want us in your school?
Southeastern Therapy for Kids proudly serves with in house speech and occupational therapies in private schools, preschools and parochial schools across South Hampton Roads. Interested in having Southeastern Therapy for Kids participate in your school with our therapy services? To inquire, please contact Beth King, Regional Director of Southeastern Therapy for Kids, at firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
- To personalize your experience