Q: I want to do PT at Generation Care, what do I do?
Let your doctor know you want to come to Generation Care for your care. We work with ALL of the local physicians as well as doctors from University of Michigan, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, and anyone out of state.
Once a referral is made to Generation Care, either by you or your physician, we will immediately set your initial appointment at a convenient time for you. If transportation is an issue, we can help assemble resources for you.
- If your appointment is the next day, you can either complete the pre-registration materials by downloading them (see Pre-Register) and bringing them to your first appointment. Or come 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete your rehabilitation history form.
- Bring any relevant information – surgical reports, physician prescriptions, etc. – anything that you feel would be helpful to your therapist.
- If your referral is specific to aquatic therapy, you will likely have a land evaluation first.
- Bring your insurance card(s), identification card, physician’s prescription, if one was given to you, and list of medications you are currently taking.
- If you would like reports sent to additional people other than your physician, please bring names and addresses of case managers, etc.
- Wear comfortable clothing relevant to your condition. For example, if you have a knee injury, either wear clothes that will allow us to view and touch your leg or bring shorts.
Your first appointment will include an evaluation and the beginning to your treatment. We’ll be forming a plan of care that works for you and scheduling additional appointments as needed.
If your care includes home exercises or other instructions, you will receive a folder for ongoing use and gathering of materials.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
- To personalize your experience